Indore: The much awaited notification for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2018 was released by All Indian Council for Technical Education on Wednesday. As per the notification, the test would be conducted on January 21, while registration process will start on October 21 and continue till December 15.
The new thing about CMAT-2018 is that unlike last year, this year’s test will be held on a single day. Last year, the test was held in a two-day window. Alike last year, the CMAT convening authority has refrained from announcing the CMAT 2018 result declaration date this year as well, fearing it might create technical issues after the exam.
CMAT 2018 will remain an online exam for admission to AICTE approved MBA/ PGDM courses 2018-20 batch across the country. It is expected that there could be structural and content based changes in CMAT 2018. Since the CMAT 2018 will remain valid for admission to AICTE approved management programmes in the academic year 2018-17, the candidates, who are planning to explore admission opportunity in MBA/PGDM programmes in 2018, need to register and apply for CMAT 2018. It is the second largest MBA/PGDM entrance test after CAT in the country. Management institutes affiliated to Universities in thirteen states of Chhatisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and other private B schools approved by AICTE accept the CMAT scores.
The online registration will be a three-step process that can be completed in 15 to 20 minutes.
Eligibility criteria and registration details
– Applicant must be a citizen of India
– Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam
– Final year students of graduate courses (10+2+3), whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2018-19, can also apply for CMAT online exam
– Candidates can pay registration fee both online and offline
– Test fee is included in registration and application fee for CMAT 2017. For General/OBC category candidates the registration and test fee is Rs 1400 and for SC/ST/PD candidates the test fee is Rs700. This fee is excluding the bank charges, if any.
– A candidate can pay fee online through net banking/credit/debit card or can pay cash through challan generated online and cash deposited in any branch of State Bank of India. Please remember fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
– All your qualification details are required for registration
– Upload your scanned photo while registering. Keep a clear scanned photo with white background handy. Size of the photo should be 140×160 (60Kb)
– Upload your scanned signature. Keep your scanned signature on white background ready. Size of the file should be 60×90 (30Kb)
– Valid e-mail id you will be using at least for next six months. All communication will be made on this id
– Valid mobile number to receive all information via sms
– Valid credit/debit card for online payment