Date: 10-11-2017 3:30PM
Source: Business Excellence & Research Group
Category: General, Consumer Interest, Economy, Human Resources & Consultancy Services, Internet, Education & Training, Business Services, Events And Conferences, Technology
Location: Singapore & Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Business Wire India
|Awardees at the 2017 Icons of Learning Conclave by BERG Singapore|
Skills aligned curriculum that can be easily accessible by the youth through digital methods and developing a mindset for lifelong learning would shape the future for developing economies in Asia. This was the unanimous view of the educators and professionals at the 4th Icons of Learning Summit & Awards hosted by the Singapore-based Business Excellence & Research Group (BERG).
A premier thought leadership, networking & recognition platform, Icons of Learning witnessed participation from education institutions ranging from schools, colleges, private universities as well as edtech startups from South & South East Asian countries.
The panel discussion on the topic “Education to Employment: Managing the Skills Gap” included distinguished professionals like Wayne Marriott - Executive Director – Kaplan Learning Institute Singapore; Mr. Steve Glaveski, CEO, Collective Campus, Melbourne; Prof. Christina Hong – President, Technological & Higher Education Institute, Hong Kong; Ms. Sindhu Sreebhavan – CEO As Many Minds Singapore and was moderated by Manoj Aravindakshan – Editorial Director, AsiaBizToday Singapore.
“Skills based education is the need of growing economies including India & other SE Asian countries and we hope that these award winning institutions will inspire other schools of higher learning to also commit to enriching people with industry-relevant skill sets and knowledge to thrive in the new economy,” said Vishwesh Iyer, Managing Partner, BERG Singapore. In addition to providing world-class infrastructure, institutions these days are embracing innovative curriculum delivery methods & approaches to enhance learning experiences; this would go a long way in building a skilled economy, especially in Asia.
Leading educational institutions from India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UAE & Malaysia were presented the Icons of Learning 2017 Award in recognition to their unique approaches in education management & quality delivery methods.
The 2017 Icons of Learning Award winners were:
- My Private Tutor, Kolkata, India - Leading Online Education Portal
- Meridian School, Hyderabad, India - Emerging Private School
- Maria’s Public School, Guwahati, India - Leading Private School
- SAGE University, Indore, India - Leading Private University in Central India
- Kaplan, Singapore - Best Private Education Institution
- Kaplan Learning Institute, Singapore - Leading Corporate Training & Skills Development Provider
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore, India - Emerging B-School – Academic Excellence
- Miles Bronson Residential School, Guwahati, India - Leading Residential School
- Brickfields Asia College, Malaysia - Leading Institution for Legal Education
- ASM Group of Institutes, Pune, India - Leading Higher Education Group
- KLAY Schools, Bangalore, India - Emerging Chain – PreSchool & Day Care
- Dusit Thani College, Bangkok, Thailand - Leading institution for Undergraduate Studies
- CHIREC International School, Hyderabad, India - Leading K12 Education
- Integreat Centre, UAE - Skills Champion
- Auuro Education Services, Chennai, India - Leading Education Solutions Company
- Dr. N. K. Dutta, Founder & Principal, Miles Bronson Residential School, Guwahati, India - Distinguished Educationist
- Mrs. Ratna Reddy, Founder & Director, CHIREC International School, Hyderabad, India - Excellence in Leadership
- Mr. Harshana D. Perera, Principal, Asian International School, Sri Lanka - Distinguished Educationist
Established in 2013, Singapore-based Business Excellence & Research Group Pte Ltd (BERG) is committed to nurturing and promoting business excellence across diverse sectors. In this quest, BERG has gone on to establish thought leadership, networking & recognition platforms over the past few years since its inception. The areas of focus include Urbanisation & Real Estate, Learning & Skills Development, Medical & Healthcare as well as Entrepreneurship and Startup Ecosystems.
BERG’s Advisory Board and Executive Team brings together people with diverse and combined international experience of over 50 years. BERG has a presence across key emerging markets of Singapore, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Philippines. For further details login to www.bizexcellence.com.sg