|You may recognize her as the FAIR AND LOVELY girl, but Yami, the Indian film diva, and actress, is a rage down south and in Bollywood too. From Hindi to Canada to Malayalam and Telugu, she has done films in many languages and has been endorsing brands and products too. Yami is a risk taker, and that is why when the movie VICKY DONOR came to her in 2012, without a blink of the eye she agreed to work on the film; though most new entrants would have thought a million times before considering it.|
The Himachali girl was born in Bilaspur and was raised in Chandigarh, which is where she became friends with Ayushman Khurana. Her father was a Punjabi film director and her mother a homemaker, whereas her younger sister is an actress in Punjabi films. Yami wanted to be a lawyer and enrolled for it, and aspired to be an IAS officer someday. But destiny had it otherwise, and at the age of 20, she began acting. She left full-time studies and did correspondence to complete her law course. She loves to read romantic novels and listens to a lot of music as well.
|Birthday Date||28 November 1988|
|Birth Place||Nizamabad, Telangana, India|
|Education||Degree in Law (honors), Punjab University, Chandigarh|
|Film Actress and TV anchor||Unknown|
|Father||Mukesh Gautam (Director)|
|Siblings||Ojas Gautam (Younger Brother), Surilie Gautam (Younger Sister)|
No records of her past relationships have been found so far, but currently, it is rumored she is dating actor Pulkit Sharma!
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hip Size||33 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||Not known|
Favorite Things and Hobbies
|Color||White, Red AND Black|
|Food||Chamba ka rajma|
|Brand||FAIR AND LOVELY|
|Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Tyra Banks and Jessica Alba|
|Film||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
First Debut:Ullasa Utsaha (2010, Kannada film), Vicky Donor (2012, Bollywood)
A perfect combination of sweet, bubbly face and fabulous acting skills, Yami Gautam has won a range of awards. They are:
- In 2012, she won the 5th Boroplus Gold Awards Rising Film Stars From TV award for her role in Vicky Donor.
- In 2012, she also won the BIG Star Entertainment Award for the Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female for her role in Vicky Donor.
- In 2013 at Zee Cine Awards, she won the Best Female Debut award for Vicky Donor.
- The same year in 2013, she won the IIFA Award as the Star Debut of the Year – Female for her performance in Vicky Donor.
- Not only this, in 2013 she also won the iTimes’ No. 12 Most Desirable Woman of 2012 award.
Remuneration: not given
Net Worth: not given
Yami Gautam Weight Loss
For most of the films that she has been in, and if you have noticed her, she has a body to die for and a personality that glows. What she does are the following regimes to stay in shape-
- Yami does jogging every day and takes in the fresh air each morning, which she says helps calm her body, and mind. It also freshens her up and rids her from the drowsiness too, and brings in the much needed positive energy she needs, with lots of oxygen for the body to work with.
- She also is a big fan of yoga and the Indian diva does HOT YOGA, which is done in temperatures quite hot to make the body sweat extra and to flush out toxins and waste too.
- Yami does TRX training, which helps with core strengthening and stability of muscles and the body. This form of exercising helps one use TRX suspensions that help balance the body and makes the body push itself to its limits. You do not use heavy machines in this regime and yet the body comes into shape
- Yami has a lot of juices and banana shakes in a week, pomegranate juice being her favorite on a daily basis.
- Fish and eggs and chicken are the proteins she consumes; egg whites especially and only.
- Almonds are her snacking option, for energy that she needs all day long. This is why even her hair and skin glow and bounce, and she does not crave for food as well.
- Yami also snacks on fresh fruits all day long to eat healthy in between meals, and salads too, to titillate and satisfy her taste buds.
- Brown rice and brown bread are fetishes for the actress because she says they are easy to eat and digest
Facts About Celebrity
- Yami has had no godfather or godmother when entering Bollywood. She has had no modeling experience and no theatre experience prior to her first Bollywood movie.
- Although she is a Punjabi kudi, Yami is a great lover of south Indian food and can cook up a storm and eat it too, when called for one. She has also participated in a popular television cookery show showcasing her penchant for south Indian cooking
- Yami has her own makeup artist and does not use any other makeup artist from the industry for her beauty and onscreen needs.
- She is a law student by correspondence but not full time because when she shifted to Mumbai for acting, she couldn’t give time for graduation.
- Yami is a risk taker; not all new entrants would otherwise do a movie such as VICKY DONOR!
- Yami made her south Indian movie debut with superstar Ganesh in the movie ‘Ullasa Utsaha’.
- When she was appearing for her ICSE board exams in schools, she faked her school teachers signature for reasons we are yet to know about.
What else do you know about Yami? Write in and let us know!
Images Source: pinterest