Toyota Yaris makes its way to India, showcased at Auto Expo 2018
Posted by The Auto Team, Feb 13, 2018
Japanese Automobile giant Toyota’s Indian subsidiary Toyota Kirloskar Motor has introduced the “Yaris” model in the country. Even though Toyota Yaris is a model already available in several other countries, 2018 will be the year when the model will be first seen on Indian roads.
The 2018 Toyota Yaris is the maker’s contender to capture the market share currently owned by Honda and Maruti with their City and Ciaz models respectively. The Yaris will having a pricing that starts at Rs. 7 lakhs and will also have many features that will make it a truly segment leading model.
Under the hood, there will be a 1.5-litre petrol run engine with two options for transmission: 7-speed CVT and 6-speed manual. The CVT variant of Yaris will also have cruise control and paddle shifting features, also ABS with EBD is standard across all the variants.
Even though there is no news on a diesel variant as of now, we do expect Toyota Kirloskar to come up with one pretty soon.
Below is a detailed insight on to the features that will come with the Toyota Yaris 2018 in India.
- 7 airbags. One for driver and also one for the driver’s knee, one for the passenger in front, airbags in the side and curtain airbags.
- A system to monitor tire pressure.
- Disk brakes.
- Air vents with ambient illumination that are roof mounted.
- Electrically controlled seat arrangement for the driver.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Vibration and acoustic controlled glass.
- 2-inch TFT display in the central dashboard with “Eco Wallet” feature.
- Air and hand-based gestural control for audio.
- Rear seats split in 60:40 ratio.
- Rear tail lamp cluster features line guide.
- Hill-Start assist control.
- Control for vehicle stability.
- Smartphone compatible touch-screen navigation.
- “Follow me home”, automatic, and projector headlamps.
- Daytime running lights.
Tagged Toyota, Toyota Yaris, Yaris