To keep your Facebook inbox tidy, you will have to delete some messages permanently. Maybe the conversation includes some sensitive information which you do not want to be archived/stored. Whatever be the reason, in this article, we will guide you through the steps to permanently delete Facebook messages.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On Web
No matter what browser you’re on, the steps will hold true for every web browser available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Once you’re in, look for the messaging icon at the top-right corner of the web page. Refer to the image below for a better understanding.
- Click on the messaging icon to list all your recent messages. At the end of the list, you will find the option “See all in Messenger“. Now, click on it to find all your messages loading up in the same window (the messenger section).
- You’ll have to scroll down and search for the conversation or message you want to delete. If you’re going to delete an entire conversation, simply select the conversation and click on the gear icon next to it to find the “Delete” option as shown in the image below.
- In case you want to delete a particular message from the conversation, you have to select the conversation and then click on the menu icon to delete the message.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On Android App
To delete your messages on an Android device, you will not be needing the Facebook app. You need the Facebook Messenger app installed. Once, you’ve installed the messenger, follow the steps below to delete your facebook messages permanently:
- Launch Facebook’s Messenger app.
- Tap and hold any of the desired conversations to find the option to delete it. If you want to delete a particular message, head into the conversation and then tap and hold the exact message which you want to delete as shown in the image below.
How to (Permanently) Delete Facebook Messages On iPhone
Deleting a conversation or a message is the same as you did on your Android device. Simply tap and hold (avoid activating 3D Touch) to delete a conversation or a message. Here’s an image for reference:
Now that you’ve known how to delete your Facebook messages permanently do remember that you cannot undo the procedure. If you’ve deleted the conversation or the message, there’s no way to get it back. So, if you just need to keep a conversation hidden from your primary inbox, I’ll recommend you to archive the conversation instead of deleting it.
Did you face any trouble trying to delete Facebook messages? Let us know in the comments below.
Filed in Cellphones >Web. Read more about Facebook and Facebook Messenger.