JUST Water Builds Exponential Growth With New Retail Distribution and Mission-Aligned Partnerships
JUST Water has doubled its business in 2018 and expects to carry on the same trajectory in 2019.
As consumer preference for sustainable packaging grows, we have focused both on expanding into more traditional retail stores as well as venues where eco-conscious consumers often still must rely on the convenience of bottled water and are seeking a better option.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) September 13, 2018
JUST Water, a 100% spring water ethically sourced and packaged in a bottle made of 82% renewable resources, continues to achieve major distribution milestones as consumer preferences for more sustainable packaging options grow. JUST Water, which is the first product line by manufacturer JUST Goods, Inc., uses a bottle made mostly from paper and sugarcane as a way to reduce plastic pollution in our oceans and waterways.
JUST Water has doubled its business in 2018 and expects to carry on the same trajectory in 2019. This year has seen increases in availability within US retailers for the brand’s spring water and new Infused flavors; a first entry into the global market through a key partnership in the UK; and important mission-aligned partnerships outside the grocery channel with venues seeking to increase their sustainability.
“As consumer preference for sustainable packaging grows, we have focused both on expanding into more traditional retail stores as well as venues where eco-conscious consumers often still must rely on the convenience of bottled water and are seeking a better option,” said Ira Laufer, CEO of JUST Goods, Inc. “Building on our existing business-to-business partnerships with schools, zoos, aquariums and entertainment venues, getting into airport lounges was an important next step to make JUST Water more accessible. This company exists to reduce reliance on single-use plastic everywhere and we are heartened by partnering with forward-thinking companies that are looking for ways to reduce their environmental impact.”
Highlights of JUST Water’s recent achievements include:
- Beginning this month, American Airlines will offer JUST Water’s 500 milliliter bottles in all of the more than 50 Admirals Clubs across the country. In July, the airline began offering JUST Water’s 330 milliliter bottles in Flagship Lounges exclusively in Miami International Airport, John F. Kennedy Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport. JUST Water is thrilled to contribute to American Airlines’ larger sustainability initiative through this partnership.
- In August, JUST Water announced its first stage of global expansion with entry into the UK. The launch sees the product initially stocked in 800 Boots stores nationwide and all Whole Foods Market locations in the UK and comes in response to growing global consumer demand for sustainable packaged products to minimize plastic pollution. In the UK, JUST contains 100% spring water, sourced from the firm’s UK bottling partner in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, and is available in a 500ml serving. JUST deliberately sought out a local source for spring water of the comparable quality and sustainability as in the US in order to not create the unnecessarily large carbon footprint associated with trans-Atlantic shipping. The spring will also allow for further expansions into other European countries in the coming year.
- In September, Whole Foods Market launched new JUST Infused fruit-essence flavored waters in lemon and tangerine flavors. The expansion reflects the retailer’s growing commitment to JUST, having launched the brand exclusively in 2015. These new products represent Whole Foods Market’s ongoing dedication to offering shoppers food and beverage options that continue to push the boundaries of clean-label standards, transparency and sustainability. JUST Infused expands the brand’s commitment to sustainable packaging and ethical sourcing. Comprised of three USDA organic flavors – lemon, tangerine and apple cinnamon – JUST Infused is the same ethically sourced spring water with a touch of organic essence added.
- Also beginning in September, select Target stores nationwide will offer JUST Water spring water and all three flavors of JUST Infused in lemon, tangerine and apple cinnamon. JUST is pleased to be a part of Target’s ongoing efforts to provide more products with sustainable packaging.
- Coming in October, all JUST Infused flavors will be available at select Publix stores throughout Florida. Earlier this summer JUST Water 100% spring water and all three flavors of JUST Infused became available at Shop-Rite stores.
- Looking ahead to 2019, JUST Water spring water together with JUST Infused tangerine and lemon flavors will be the featured water in CVS stores’ “New Year, New You” five-week healthy beverage pilot program in 4,000 stores.
The wins follow rapid growth in the US since JUST Water’s 2015 launch, with JUST Water becoming the number one selling branded bottled water in its category at Whole Foods Market. Long-term, JUST plans to launch a number of socially and environmentally impactful products in both the beverage and non-beverage categories.
JUST Water uses only 100% spring water packaged in a bottle made mostly of paper from sustainably managed forests. The plastic cap is made from sugarcane that needs only rainwater to grow and pulls carbon out of the air as it develops. The bottle is 100% recyclable, efficient to ship and can be reused on the go. Read more about JUST Water’s innovative packaging here.
For more information about JUST visit http://www.justwater.com and follow along on Facebook and Instagram.
About JUST Goods, Inc.
JUST Goods, Inc. is a consumer goods company dedicated to producing responsibly sourced quality products, contained in sustainably innovative packaging. The company’s first product, JUST Water, is 100% spring water ethically sourced from Upstate New York, packaged in a bottle made of 82% renewable resources. A Certified B Corp in the US, the company’s mission to create environmental and social value along the supply chain extends to partnerships with environmental non-profits, key members of the science and innovation community, as well as university collaborations, event alliances and community projects. JUST Water is sold in North America at over 10,000 retail locations. For more information please visit http://www.justwater.com.