These Are the 25 Best Dog-Friendly Companies in the United States (Surprise: Amazon, Uber, and Google Are on the List)
To help provide some guidance on this matter, petcare network Rover.com just released its 2019 list of Best Dog-Friendly Companies. Perhaps not surprisingly, no small number of the companies on the list have something to do with pets (for example, Petsmart #4 and Chewy.com #12), however, there are some surprises (Amazon #1 and Airbnb #5).
There are real benefits to dog-friendly companies--and to the people who work for them. A recent Rover survey found that 75 percent of employees who can bring their dog to work are more likely to stay with their current employer. Not only that, but they help build bonds between employees. Says Rover human-animal-behavior expert Phil Tedeschi, "The bond between humans and animals is good for human health and can build connections in the work environment. Pets often allow for engagement and shared activity, in turn strengthening bonds among coworkers."
2. Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA)
3. Trupanion (Seattle, WA)
4. Petsmart (Phoenix, AZ)
5. Airbnb (San Francisco, CA)
6. Nestle Purina Petcare (St. Louis, MO)
7. Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
11. Salesforce (San Francisco, CA)
12. Chewy.com (Dania Beach, FL & Boston, MA)
13. Sittercity (Chicago, IL)
15. Splendid Spoon (Brooklyn, NY)
16. RealSelf (Seattle, WA)
17. The Control Group (San Diego, CA)
19. BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI)
20. The Humane Society of the United States (Gaithersburg, MD)
21. Banfield Pet Hospital (Vancouver, WA)
22. TripAdvisor (Needham, MA)
23. Ellation, Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
25. Qualtrics (Provo, Utah)
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.